Monday, April 7, 2008

Silvaro

Silvaro is the name
Of my mothers car
In case you were wondering
I didn't name it
Dad did..
We have had said car for almost 8 years now
Longest we've had a car
Since I was born
Yes, it is 22 years old now
But I love it to pieces
I drive it sometimes
Whenever I drive, in fact
I drove a bit today
And I honestly enjoyed it
Wrestling with the steering wheel
To get the car to stay in a straight line
Along any road, smooth, rough, straight, or windy
It is somewhat irritating to drive
But once you know the tricks
It's okay
It stalled on me today, I think three times
Which is very unusual
Normally I can make it so it doesn't
But today
My feet seemed to be doing the wrong thing
How's that
An automatic car that stalls
Isn't it brilliant?
It starts again though
9 out of 10 times
Sometimes it requires encouragement
Like when you want to drive up big hills
I find the best thing is to get as fast as you can
Before the hill
Then it's a little easier

But I realised something today
Not that I didn't know it
But it just sort of
Made sense to me
If you drive it nicely
Gently
Smoothly
It gives you the same courtesy
It accelerates smoothly (albeit slowly)
It changes gears nicely
And it doesn't make weird noises
But if you encourage it too much
It will rev way too high
It will change gears with a nasty jerk
And it is generally
Unpleasant
But love it
And it will love you back

I realise I am talking about this car like it is a person
Even though
I am well aware
It is not
But it's part of our house
I guess
It's been in the driveway for nearly 8 years
As I previously mentioned


Anyway.
On to something else
I thought I lost my wallet
But I didn't
Well
I did
But it is in Ebony's boyfriend's car
Relief.

Also
The other day
I'm not sure I can be bothered telling the whole story
Basically
Alcohol
A spa
A mistaken feeling
All come together, to make me want to hit someone
No need to explain further
It was not fun, though
And it resulted in me thinking I lost my wallet
But Jess is okay
I hope
I think
I will see her tomorrow morning at 8am
Period zero, maths methods
Ouch.

Apologies to anyone who happens to read this
If it doesn't make sense
But
Too damn bad

Currently:
Starting to wonder
Why I'm
Here
Not
There.

x

No comments: