Friday, January 7, 2011

Are We Listening

I love to say
"I told you so,"
But it doesn't do anyone any good
So I refrain.
In fact
I am just waiting for someone to say it right back to me.


My Season 4 DVD's are missing from their place.


I wonder today
Who else is thinking
About a day that happened not so long ago
For me it meant little
My day comes next Thursday.
Happily I can say
I no longer dwell
But stupidly I keep
Small reminders around


Bits of paper.


"$40.87
17/01/10 21:34"


"Coles Express
Bexley 2207
Shell Autogas Pump 02 23.44L 59.9c/L $14.04
Unleaded Pump 06 41.63L 124.9c/L $51.99
18/01/10 21:45"


You get the point.
There are more but they are hidden.
And I am the stupid one who cannot let them go.
No longer can I say "fuck you"
Because I'm the only one who still cares.


I need to stop complaining
I need to stop seeking attention
I need to stop thinking that they notice
I need to stop trying to be good enough for them


After all,
It doesn't really matter.


We
make,
We
break.


x

No comments: