Thursday, December 3, 2009

Bob Dylan

It's one of the things I hate most.
Anyone who really knows me will know,
I cannot stand change.
I would far prefer everything to stay the same.
I don't want to readjust.
I don't want to relearn.
No, no, no.

The inconvenient thing about this,
Is that I don't really have a choice.
None of us do.
Unless we are Amish.
In which case there may not be so many changes.
Perhaps.
I don't really know.

Some people might argue and say
"If things don't change, things won't get better"
Well, why are they bad to begin with?

Because they changed, to become bad.
That is mostly what happens, or so I understand.

For some reason
Something this morning possessed me
To snoop through my old files
Old conversations
Old musings
Old thoughts.

I think it was when I found something on a Floppy disc
From grade 6
And it was Thursday 5/12/02
Which would be the equivalent of today
Being Thursday.
I was taken aback, almost.

It only continued from there
And got worse
But that was my own fault.


I'm locked in tight
I'm out of range
I used to care

But
Things
Have
Changed.

x

P.S. 100th.

No comments: